Gourmet dog treats, paw print paintings, mimosas, and a stunning view of Escambia Bay were only a few of the highlights of last weekend’s WolfGang Event, Mutts and Mimosas, held at Calvert’s in the Heights.
The unique dog paw painting event celebrated the holiday spirit in a furry, four-legged way! Apart from watching the dogs transform into ‘pupcassos’, the biggest highlight was being part of a day that was filled with sunshine, smiles, laughs and plenty of wagging tails!
When we think of the holidays, we often think of family and spending quality time we get to spend with them. And I think we can all agree that our dogs are most definitely part of our core family. With that being said, I wanted to highlight some more pet-friendly events and activities for you and your pups this season.
1) Pet Portraits! Jessica Hoffman of Hoff House Pet Photography is a local dogtographer and, as you can see in all the photos, extremely talented at capturing the bond between pets and their people. Take a look at more of her work and schedule a holiday shoot with your own pup through her website.
2) Mutts & Mimosas! Miss last weekend and now extremely jealous after seeing all the photos? Lucky for you there is another Mutts and Mimosas event taking place Saturday, December 2. Move quick, there are only a few spots left!
3) Santa Paws! Kill two birds with one stone — Jessica Hoffman and WolfGang will be at Perfect Plain on December 10th and again at Wisteria on December 17th where you are invited to dress up your own Santa Paws and have professional photos taken. There will also have a Winter Wonderland Market set up with 20 + local small businesses and their amazing items. Just in time to get some last minute shopping in!
4) Donate to a local shelter. Plenty of pups at Pensacola Humane Society and Escambia County Department of Animal Welfare are looking for new homes or foster homes for the holidays. If you’re unable to adopt or foster, how about a special Christmas gift from you and your dog. Wolfgang will also be hosting a Winter Wonderland Shelter Dog Walk if you would like to contribute to local shelters this way. More info here.
5) Go look at Christmas lights! If your dogs are anything like mine, their two favorite things are walks and car rides. So, whether you’re walking or driving, grab the winter jackets, hot cocoa, and leash, it’s time to go check out your neighborhood’s Christmas lights!
Whatever you do, don’t forget about fluffiest part of the family this season and join us is keeping Pensacola pup’s tails wagging all month long.