Gulf Breeze Will Do, a women’s philanthropic group, is now accepting grant applications through September 30, 2023.
Prospective grant applicants must have a project or initiative that serves the communities in the 32561 and/or 32563 zip code areas to apply. Organizations and groups without tax-exempt status will be considered.
Gulf Breeze Will Do (GBWD) grant amounts range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000 in the following categories: 1) Art, Recreation and Sports; 2) Education; 3) Hardship Support Services; 4) Public Safety; and 5) Environment.
The 2022 GBWD Grant Recipients included:
- Gulf Breeze Middle School – A $1,872.95 grant was used to purchase adult and infant CPR training manikins.
- Gulf Breeze Community Garden – A $3,049.31 grant was used to help rebuild the community garden.
- Interfaith Ministries – A $10,000 grant was used to create a dedicated space for displaying and selling upcycled furniture in the Interfaith Ministries Thrift Store.
- Ocean Hour – An $7,235.00 grant was used to purchase water bottle-filling fountains to be placed in public park spaces in Gulf Breeze.
- Take Stock In Children – A $8,318.72 grant was used to fund matching-grant college scholarships for needy children in our area.
Gulf Breeze Will Do was born out of a group of Gulf Breeze women who formed an organization that could serve as a funding tool to help other nonprofit organizations and individuals who are trying to make a difference in the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach communities.
Grant funding at GBWD is provided by collective annual membership dues, of which 100 percent is distributed back to the community. Every member has a vote on which organizations receive grant funding. Since its inception in 2014, Gulf Breeze Will Do has awarded more than $413,000 to initiatives in the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach communities.
The 2023 Membership Drive is currently underway. Annual dues are $250 per person and membership is open to women 18 years of age or older. To join, visit gulfbreezewilldo.org.
Ladies of the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach communities are invited to attend a membership drive on Wednesday, Aug. 23 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. at Buenos Dias Café – 911 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563 in the SeaGreen Center. Everyone who brings a guest will be entered to win some great door prizes. A ticket will be issued for each guest, so bring all your friends and increase your chances to win.
The grant application and guidelines are available at gulfbreezewilldo.org. Grant awards will be announced in November 2023.
ABOUT GULF BREEZE WILL DO
Gulf Breeze will do was formed to engage women in philanthropy by collectively providing grants to support nonprofits and initiatives serving the Gulf Breeze and Pensacola Beach Communities in zip codes 32561 and 32563. One hundred percent of the member’s dues are awarded by grant to support those with a heart to help others. The Board of Directors is a group of volunteers whose purpose is to collect and distribute funds through grants voted on by its members.