Each Thursday, we will bring you our Weekend Top 10 list of things to do over the weekend in Pensacola. There’s always more to do and explore, but we will narrow down our Top 10 picks each week to make it easier for the indecisive. Click on each event for more information.
1. Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival, Thursday, May 4 – Saturday, May 6 – Foley is the spot for high-flying adventure and family fun at the Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival in Foley. Enjoy the entertainment, arts and crafts displays, and more at the festival site daily. Balloon flights, glows and tethered rides (weather permitting) add to the fun at dawn and dusk. Admission is FREE!
2. Cowboy Mouth, Saturday, May 6, at Vinyl Music Hall; doors open at 7, show at 8. These Louisiana natives have played over 2,500 concerts and make each one a New Orleans Mardi Gras party.
3. Cinco de Mayo, Friday, May 5 at locations all over Pensacola. Tacos Rock in Gulf Breeze will have a Mexican Folklore Show at noon, with street corn, pinata, and specials.
4. Kentucky Derby Party, The Fish House Saturday, May 6 at 3 p.m. – This Derby Day party is hosted by the Krewe of Sirens to benefit the Northwest Florida Heart Association. Break out your fanciest hat and Derby attire for this fun party.
5. Fiesta 5k, 10k, and 5k walk. Have you ever wanted to run through the tree tunnel on 12th Avenue? Now is your chance! The 10k race begins at Pensacola State College, runs through the tree tunnel, East Hill, and ends at Seville Quarter in downtown Pensacola. The 5k runs a similar, but shorter route.
6. Perdido Key Music Festival, Saturday, May 5 at 1 p.m. – Sunday, May 6 at 11 p.m. Playa Del Rio RV Resort in Perdido Key. Glen Templeton, Tyler Livingston & The Absolutes, and a Songwriters Jam Session are a few of the acts. Proceeds will benefit the Frank Brown Songwriters’ Foundation for Music. There will be food trucks, raffles, auctions, and more. Please check the website for more details, including special parking instructions.
7. Burger Battle by the Bay, Saturday, May 6, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Community Maritime Park. Attendees get to taste numerous samples of grilled burgers made by both professional and amateur cook teams and vote for their favorite! Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the gate.
8. Hot Glass, Cold Brew: Caribbean Nights at First City Art, Friday, May 5, 2023. Entertainment for the evening includes glass-blowing and pottery demonstrations, live music, an art market, kids activities, a gallery opening showcasing works from FCAC’s Gallery 1060 artists, food trucks, and more! $35 at the door for non-members includes a handmade glass, 2 craft beers or wine for 21+. 1060 Guillemard Street, Pensacola.
9. Spring Juried Arts & Crafts Show, Saturday, May 6 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Sanders Beach Corinne Jones Resource Center. The event will have handmade crafts, baked goods, Mom & Me portraits, art, food trucks, and more. 913 S. I Street.
10. Naval Air Station Pensacola Public Access, May 4 – 7 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. through the West Gate only on Blue Angel Parkway. Guests must have a valid state or federal picture ID. You may visit the Pensacola Lighthouse, Fort Barrancas, and the National Naval Air Museum.