The business has three locations that offer legal THC-products for purchase, and has now suffered over $50,000 in theft and damages.
The Navy Boulevard location of Legal Leaf – a store that offers quality legal THC products currently available in the State of Florida without any sort of medical card or prescription- was broken into again the morning of December 20, 2022.
The thief broke into the store at 1:52 a.m., the alarm went off, and law enforcement promptly responded. The police K-9 dog tracked through the woods and found the stolen merchandise, but not the suspect. At 3:20, just an hour and twenty-eight minutes later, the same suspect broke into the same store again while law enforcement was still searching for him.
Store security cameras were able to capture the thief breaking into the store and taking the merchandise, and the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate.
This break-in comes just weeks after Legal Leaf’s Navy and Cervantes Street locations were vandalized and stolen from. Thieves smashed through the stores doors and busted their glass windows, while also swiping the shelves of thousands of dollars of product.
Legal Leaf privately offered a $1000 Reward for information leading to an arrest after the initial three break-ins, which was distributed after accurate information was obtained from community sources. Two juveniles were arrested and later arraigned for their crimes against the local small business. The young culprits were arrested after attempting to re-sell Legal Leaf products on SnapChat and social media.
Legal Leaf is asking that the community be aware of “resale” items being offered on the streets, and to contact the ECSO or PPD with any information associated with the crimes.
Legal Leaf has sought to create a clean, welcoming place for adults to shop for legal THC products. The business model has helped countless people avoid getting into legal trouble by offering them legal THC-based products that come in the form of flower, dabs, vapes, and other various options.
Now, the business has suffered over $50,000 in theft and damages.
Legal Leaf is calling for an END to the crime against our business, and making a community-wide plea to support all small businesses by encouraging the community to come forward with relevant information. The store hopes to continue offering this safe and secure location to purchase legal THC products for the community, but needs the support of the community in order to do so.
- 11/16/2022 2:45 a.m. – Navy Boulevard location vandalized, broken into and burglarized by two juveniles.
- 11/22/2022 2:56 a.m. – Navy Boulevard location broken into and burglarized by two juveniles.
- 12/3/2022 2:50 a.m. – Cervantes location vandalized, broken into and burglarized by two juveniles after temporary burglar bars were added to the Navy Boulevard location.
- 12/3/2022 – $1,000 cash reward offered by Legal Leaf for information leading to an arrest.
- 12/10/2022 – Two juveniles arrested for the burglaries of both Legal Leaf locations.
- 12/19/2022 3:24 a.m. – Navy Boulevard location doors and window glass busted with a hammer, but the suspect did not enter the building.
- 12/20/2022 1:52 and 3:20 a.m. – Navy Boulevard location broken into and burglarized by the same individual just one hour and twenty-eight minutes apart.
All break-in videos are available to view on Legal Leafs social media pages and legalleaf.com.
To learn more about Legal Leaf, please visit www.legalleaf.com.