Baptist was happy to welcome Florida Hospital Association President Mary Mayhew to their new campus for a tour this month. She saw that work on the interior finishes in the new Baptist Hospital and the Bear Family Foundation Health Center is fully underway. Paint, tile, vinyl flooring and cabinets are bringing the buildings to life. When their doors open in fall of 2023, these carefully chosen design elements will welcome patients, their families and our team members to an environment that will enhance healing and nurture the spirit.
- Painting is underway on floors 1-6.
- Cabinetry is being installed on floors 1-4.
- Tile work on floors 1, 2 and 3 is ongoing.
- Installation of soft flooring (sheet vinyl, luxury vinyl tile and vinyl plank flooring) has begun on floors 1 and 2.
Bear Family Foundation Health Center
- All the drywall on floors 1-5 is up.
- Installation of cabinetry is ongoing on floors 1 and 2.
- Tile work on floors 1-4 continues.
- Plumbing fixtures are being installed.
Behavioral Health Unit
- Building pad is complete.
- Majority of site utilities are installed.
- Site preparation for foundation work is ongoing.
- Standard concrete sidewalks in the town square are complete. Installation of decorative colored concrete sidewalks is ongoing.
- Excavation of the last two retention ponds is nearing completion.
- Light poles are being installed across the campus.
Workforce and Economic Impact
- More than 800 workers are on site on any given day.
- $16.7 million has been paid in construction wages to the local economy since January 2021.
- More than half of the workforce is local or minority.
- Efforts to recruit more local and minority workers continue.
Keep up with the progress of our new campus project by viewing videos and photos of the construction site online at ebaptisthealthcare.org/Transforming-Baptist/ new-campus/images-and-videos or by scanning the QR code provided.